From Zero to $100m and Everything in Between.
Lessons Learned From Building, Founding and Investing in 5 Tech Startups
**This event is exclusive to CEOs and Presidents of technology companies**
Speaker: Jason Smith
CEO & Founder, Klue
Jason is a 5x start-up entrepreneur. He is the CEO and founder of Klue, a competitive intelligence platform for enterprise sales teams recently honoured as a Deloitte Fast50 Company to Watch. Prior to Klue, Jason was President of Vision Critical, a customer intelligence company he helped grow from tiny start-up to 500-person market leader. He was Vice President of Electronic Arts and co-founder of Columbus Group, a 100 person web applications pioneer acquired by TELUS (NYSE:TU). He received Ernst and Young’s Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year award for the Pacific Region, Business in Vancouver’s Top 40 under 40 and graduated with distinction from UBC’s Sauder School of Business. When he turned 40, Jason took a gap year and traveled to 13 countries with his family, including Egypt in the middle of the revolution.
Other fun facts:
• He has planted over 100,000 trees
• He lost the tip of his baby finger while backpacking in Thailand
• He has lived and studied in Canada, France and Belgium and volunteered in Peru
• He has hiked the Inca trail, paraglided over the Blue Lagoon and been cage diving with crocodiles
• He dedicates time every week to help other startup founders and aspiring entrepreneurs